Worm bait?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 08:33:34PM -0400, Robert L Krawitz wrote:

> I've received a ton of these today.  I think that the latest worm de
> l'heur is particularly aggressive at scanning systems for email
> addresses and randomly using one as the sender.

Terminology question.  What's a 'worm' vs. 'virus' vs. 'trojan horse'
etc.  Wouldn't the current spate of spam more properly be attributed to
a virus?  Is there a strict definition for these things?  I know what
/I/ think they mean, but I've seen these terms bandied about so loosly
lately that I'm not sure if I'm crazy, or if everybody else is crazy.

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)
87 Taylor Street               /\\