document contains no data

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 03:20:21PM +0000, dsr at tao.merseine.nu wrote:

> When something works from a Linux box but not from a Windows box, and it
> works as expected when hand-telnet'ing from the Windows box, it's time
> to suspect something going on with the Windows software.

Yeah.  Except that both IE and Mozilla crap out.  I'm kind of suspecting
there's something subtly different about the MS IP stack, that causes my
iptables rules to sometimes work, and sometimes not.  Just a wild
hypothesis at this point.

But then why does telnet always return the proper redirection text?  Any
possibility that the application layer is affecting the operation of the
IP layer?  It's not supposed to..

> Can you characterize "sometimes works, but sometimes doesn't" any more
> closely for us? Is it different when you use IE first versus Mozilla
> first? When a different Windows box is used?

Same problem with either IE or Mozilla.  Same on XP or 2000.  Tried
three different boxes, plus my linux laptop.  Only tried on one linux
box, with both mozilla and firebird.

I'm giving this a rest for the weekend.  If I make any progress with
this, I'll post back to the thread.

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)
87 Taylor Street               /\\