Corporate Anti-Virus strategies

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Matt Galster wrote:
> That will be a good question when linux gains ascendency.  When the
> crackers turn their attentioin to linux, we may have just as much fun as
> the windows issues we face now.

I have no doubt that we will.  Anybody that says "Linux can't get viruses"
is asking for it.  In a way it will be better because none of the
individual components of Linux will have the same sort of monopoly that
Windows does ("this worm hits postgres, but I'm running mysql!") so you're
automaticlaly talking about a smaller scale.  But on the other hand it
will be worse because there won't be one single entity to look to for
fixes, and it may be more a case of trying to patch 100 small holes in the
dam rather than 1 or 2 gaping ones.

Duane