Some resent developments in the SCO issues

> I personally take their recent actions as a realization that they'll
> never be profitable again selling services or products, and this is
> their last chance.

Their most recent quarterly results are summarized in this press release:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030528/law053_1.html

Unfortunately, the company appears to be making money, even though it's kinda
small (gross sales $65M/year).  Investors value their stock at over $10/share,
and it's gone up a lot this year (possibly because some folks think they'll
win their legal cases, possibly because some folks think the company will
continue to sell products).

These jerks need to be sent a message by anyone involved in purchasing for
corporations or governments or educational institutions anywhere that SCO's
products have no future customer base.  Plenty of other options are out there.

And, of course, SCO will ultimately lose:  freeware coders will spend a couple
weeks rewriting whatever code (if any) is found infringing on Unix copyrights,
and that'll be the end of it.  SCO's legal underpinnings are far weaker than
those of the RIAA (which as much as we might despise them, the RIAA does at
least have legally enforceable contracts with content producers whose work
cannot be coded around in a few workdays).

-rich