Spam control again

> If I'm not mistaken, MOST spam comes from Asia, which would be unaffected
> by any law passed by congress.

Thats a common sentiment. While I haven't done much stats for spam, I
can say that for portscans and such, the 'bad traffic' is essentially
proportional to the bandwidth available to consumers (DSL/Cable modems).
Don't forget that for example in China, you can now get a cable modem
for $5/month in most major cities. In South Korea, you have about as
many cable modem subscribers as in the US. No surprise that you have
about the same number of spamers.

Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich at euclidian.com