Why do we need do-not-call and anti-spam measures?

Given the recent discussion, I think that this (which isn't even
"spam" by any definition) rather sums it up.

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:57:08 -0400
Subject: [s-t] Mr. Gordon's side of the story

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/stickbug/2003/07/11#a27

Harvard Magazine, July-August 2001:

	ERIK HUMPHREY GORDON '95cl died July 25, 2000, in New York City, from
	complications of injuries sustained in a ballooning accident outside
	Brussels. A lifelong amateur ballooning enthusiast, he had
	participated in competitions throughout the world. In 1999 he won the
	prestigious "Let's Fly!" Award for excellence in ballooning from the
	International Federation of Balloonists. He leaves his life partner,
	Jeffrey, his parents, Michael and Sally, a sister, Amy, a brother,
	David, and a beloved pet monkey, Cher.

Harvard Magazine, July-August 2003:

	Correction: We have learned that the obituary for Erik Humphrey
	Gordon, '95, which appeared in the July-August '01 issue, was based on
	false information provided by the subject himself in an effort to get
	off Harvard's mailing list. Mr. Gordon is alive and well in New York
	City. We apologize for the error. See
	www.crabwalk.com/misc/harvard.php for Mr. Gordon's side of the story.