mailing list politics

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Rich Braun wrote:

> What to do about spam?  For now, get SpamAssassin and install the ancillary
> utilities (Razor2, dcc, pyzor).  You need all three of the spam-database
> thingies to get it up to 99% effectiveness.
>
> It really *does* work quite well now.  I still get 70 spams a day but fewer
> than 1% get through without getting tagged (and summarily circular-filed).

I am feeling find of beat up by this list on my use of TMDA. But I have
looked at other solutions, and they haven't worked well. TMDA has worked
fairly well for me, and the spam count is down from one per MINUTE to one
per WEEK.

Sure, I'll tinker around with other spam guards in the future, but on my
ancilliary accounts only.

But I'll say, this has been an interesting thread!

Regards,
Bob