TMDA (was Re: best new video cards for linux?)

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 dsr at tao.merseine.nu wrote:

> Hi, Bob.
>
> I am hereby flaming you on a public list for not configuring your TMDA
> correctly.
>
> I replied to a message that you wrote on a public list and cc:d the
> address that you wrote from. Since you didn't configure TMDA correctly,
> you sent me a "please confirm" message.
>
> Please fix. Messages which are replies to your messages should not need
> to be confirmed.
>
> http://tmda.net/config-client.html
>
> I suggest dated addresses or keyword addresses.

First, thanks for your response regarding the video cards.

The question is, what is correct? A public response should go to the list,
not me. The lists's email address is on my whitelist in TMDA. But the BLU
mailing list software is configured to CC the list rather than be
addressed to it. In my opinion, this is a mistake. In the mailing lists I
run, using ezmlm, I have the reply-to: line sent on a message, with the
address of the list. This makes it life easier in lots of ways.

As far as the qmail features, yes I have thought about putting them in,
but haven't had the time, I will endeavor to spend some more on it.