cvs help

"Frank Ramsay" <fjramsay1234 at hotmail.com> writes:

> vesion history, file history, branch history,

Ideas:  cvs annotate

        There's a CVS pluglin for Eclipse.

> and more complex stuff
> like version X of our software is made up of these versions of these
> files...

Perhaps you should check out $Id$ and ident.
(some people love these things. other people hate them)
(personally, I prefer embedding my label name in the binary rather
than using things like $Id$)

Hope this helps,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)