EMC/H1-b

Joseph Vincent <joev321 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I was speaking with a friend of mine the other day who was telling me about EMC and the extraordinary amount of H1-bs they had working for them.  So, a whole bunch of us are out of work, but EMC keeps hiring H1-bs?  How does that happen?  Are they not paying a comparable salary?  Don't they have to certify something to the government, re salary, etc.?

It happens because our government has an open borders cheap labor policy
a.k.a. H1B/L1 visas.  By employing H1B/L1 workers over citizens and
permanent residents, the employer has more leverage because they can
always say "If you don't like, you can leave the country" in addition to
the lower wages.

This is a great transcript that David sent to his other mailing list:
http://www.limitstogrowth.org/WEB-text/tancredo-61803.html

I wrote all my congressmen and even some in other states.  This issue
genuinely makes my blood boil.  On the lighter side, perhaps we should
all leave and come back into the US with a H1B!  ;-)