Commercial Wireless Access Points

The fact that the AP can't filter ports, is very
shady.  Even the home APs that I've seen will let you
limit access to only specific MAC addresses.  You
might be better off with a few APs set up to cover the
area, than just 1 really powerful one, or possibly
multiple antennae.

> The devices we were going to use are the
> airPoint-pro from smart bridges.
> It's selling point for us was the range (1mb at
> 1mile), but there doesn't
> seem to be any filtering available on the device.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had experience with a
> commercial access point
> that has good range, supports MAC tables, and has a
> mechanism for blocking
> NETBIOS or filtering ports.

=====
"Hello darkness my old friend."