Ceiva and Linux

Anyone out there interested in helping me install Linux on my Ceiva (LCD
Picture frame)?
I'm not a newbie to Linux or soldering but the only experience I have with
embedded systems is strictly through reading about them.

Here's the most recent info I've found on the possibility:
http://www.mit.edu:8001/people/colin/ceiva/

The issue is that I got the thing as a wedding gift so the first year was free.
Now the company wants $100/year for the privilege to change pictures on it
<http://www.ceiva.com/>. The Ceiva normally dials out daily to grab pics you
have posted to your account on the Ceiva web site.

It's either Open Source experimentation for this thing or it becomes a boat
anchor.

Any assistance, pointers, suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
jk