(no subject)

> In the meantime, I have my copy and am carrying it in my pocket. Literally.
>
> Keep in  mind that a license contract is an agreement between two parties.
> As the lawyer in the group, I doubt AOL can revoke an accepted GPL license.
> However, if a person accepting the license at the click-through stage has
> knowledge that Nullsoft lacked actual authority to enter into a GPL license,
> then that person may have a problem relying on the GPL license to justify
> his use of the product. He would be liable for copyright infringement.
>
> If AOL is claiming the GPL license is unauthorized, people running mirror
> downloads will likely come under attack.
>
> Meanwhile, I have my copy in my pocket.
>
> -Warren Agin

Thanks for the info: it's nice to hear from someone who knows ;-J.

In a way, the debate is academic: knowing that it can be done will
inspire the open-source community to do it again, no matter the status
of WASTE, and those who've mirrored WASTE will get off the hook by
default.

Besides, having to read Thomas Pynchon in order to understand the acronym is
punishment enough.

Bill