Gnutella creators (briefly) release a new product

For those who don't follow Slashdot, there's a new program out from Nullsoft,
the creators of Gnutella.

It's called WASTE (the name is an acronym taken from from a Thomas Pynchon
novel), and it is a collaboration tool for groups of 10 to 50 trusted hosts,
where all communications are encrypted and only users trusted by another group
member can join. The application is for group computing in a secure
environment.

Here's where it gets interesting: the release, although GPL'd, was pulled from
Nullsoft's web sight less that 24 hours after the announcement.

Just like Gnutella.

Of course, it's too late: even if Nullsoft's parent company (AOL) is afraid of
p2p file sharing, the Source is Out There [TM]

Here's just one of the many mirrors listed on Slashdot:
http://www.paradigm.nu/waste/

There are binaries for Windoze, and source for *nix. If some kind soul
compiles it on RedHat 7.3, please share the binary with me.

Bill Horne