H1B Visas...

Excuse my ignorance, but is there a difference between H1B Visas.. And L-1
Visa's?  There is an article in CNET about this.  Also is there really
anything we can do about this?  Should we all send a letter to Govenor
Romney I would be happy to do this.  Is he the one that the letter should
go to it seems as though it should go to the federal level of the
goverment??

Thanks.
Michael.

http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-1011452.html?tag=fd_top

|         |           Mike Gorse       |
|         |           <mgorse at mgorse.dh|
|         |           s.org>           |
|         |           discuss-admin at blu|
|         |           .org             |
|         |           05/30/2003 09:31 |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       discuss at blu.org                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: H1B Visas...                                                                             |

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, since I just resubscribed,
but Dr. Norman Matloff (a CS professor at UCD) has an interesting report
where he argued that, even during the booming economy, there was not a
desperate shortage of IT professionals, despite claims to the contrary by
employers who wished to increase the allowable number of H1B visas.  It is
at http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/itaa.real.html

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --