Perl question

Hello all,
         Thank you for your help in this matter.  I have decided to move
forward with using "html scraping"  I am using this code from a book on
perl, and i cant seem to get it to work.  I tried to modify it to search
specifically for estimated pages remaining, and I want it to look for the
group of numbers that is right after, but i dont seem to be doing anything
right.  When I run this code it prints "here it is" and nothing
else.  Maybe because it just finds a blank space after the designated
search, im not sure.  Here is a small clip of the html i am looking at:

Estimated Pages Remaining:
6052

MY CODE:

my $html = get("ipaddress");
my $blkpgsrem=$1;
#$blkpgsrem =~ tr[,][]d;
print "here it is:$blkpgsrem\n";

PS:
I also have found this code in the book i am looking into, but I cant seem
to understand it.

($file, $title, $summary) =
It looks like it is searching for multiple things and assigning different
variables to each seach parameter, however i do not know how to make this
apply to my HTML.

Again, I appreciate all the help you guys have been giving me,  Thank you.

Eric