My desktop spontaneously powered down?

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> It sounds like a power supply. I had a problem on my Linux desktop a
> year or so ago where my hard drives would power down. Eventually I
> tracked it down to power supply. The disks are fine.

I've ripped the whole power supply out of the machine and
it has no life at all, no fans, nothing.  Unfortunately
I had two machines up in the attic but both power supplies
didn't have the amps.  Looks like I'm making a purchase
tomorrow.

It was fun to stand in the kitchen with a disembodied
power supply and tell my wife, "Honey, we need a new
one of these."  Felt like an auto mechanic.

Duane