Aston Carter Ltd
Office:   +44(0)207 739 5500
Mobile:  +44(0)7956281339
Email:   jharrod at astoncarter.co.uk
www.astoncarter.co.uk

Location: Marlboro, MA
Responsibilities:Our client is seeking a software engineer to provide
sustaining engineering services in support of CLIENT leading edge
Processing
Area Network technology. The position requires a candidate who is well
versed in the Linux kernel space especially in the areas of network and
disk
IO. The candidate must be independent, hardworking, well organized,
possess
outstanding problem solving skills and be able to multi-task
effectively.
The candidate must also have an excellent working knowledge of the
software
engineering process and be capable of producing high quality work under
the
pressure of high customer expectations.The candidate will be responsible
for
maintaining the client's Linux kernel as well as be responsible for
addressing customer issues and questions for kernel engineering. The
candidate is expected to be able to communicate the impact of
problems/solutions to their manager, be able to design solutions, write
code, design, document and write test cases, run unit tests and perform
general system integration testing.Skills Required:?

BSEE, BSCS or equivalent software development experience ?
3+ years of experience with the Linux kernel ?
5+ years of C experience ?
Familiarity with crash dump analysis ?
Familiarity with the CVS source code control system ?
Familiarity with both IO and Network subsystems

This is a permanent position - salary dependant on what you can bring to
the
table.

Jeff Harrod
Senior Consultant