Linux RH9 and Orinoco wireless 802.11b card

I recently  installed Red Hat 9 on my laptop in an effort begin
learning about Linux.  My installation went well but I'm having trouble
config. my wireless card to access my Local network.

I began by booting RH 9 which goes directly into the GUI and the
accessing the network configuration "wizard".  I entered "new" and
"wireless connection".

Of the options for different wireless cards I selected the one listed
as "Lucent, orinoco, and Prism II-based PCMCIA wireless (etho)"

(next screen) Mode, I chose the default "mode".  Now here's something
interesting in the network name (SSID) there is a "specified" network
called "Michael"  I know that this is a network belonging to a neighbor
(no WEP by the way)  My network is called Steve (WEP).  So I changed
the SSID to my network and entered my hexadecimal password where it
called for "Key).  I notice that since I have specified "managed" in
the "mode" field the "Channel" field is shaded and indicates "1".  My
network is on channel 10 according to my router?

I have dhcp set for automatic and DNS as automatic.

Now that this is completed I am back to the original network config
screen and enter "activate".

A screen indicates that it is activating the device eth0.........

I reveive the error message:

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A)
SET failed on device eth0...iptables: No chain/target/match by that
name failed.
iptables: Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?)

I did go back and tried changing "managed" to "specified" and changing
the channel to 10 but no luck.

I have also tried changing to "Ad-Hoc" with no luck.

It appears that the card is functional and I'm just missing some
detail.  I am totally new to Linux and would appreciated any
suggestions.

shauck