SCO suit c|net article

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 04:22 pm, Christopher Parker wrote:

> It hadn't occurred to anybody that MAYBE, just MAYBE some people wrote code
> that behaved similarly/indentically to some UNIX functions, therefore the
> code may just happen to be the SAME?

There is a very big difference between "my code does exactly the same thing as
your code", or even "my code has the exact same instructions as your code",
from "my code and your code are identical on the 'diff' level, including
variable names, punctuation, and whitespace".

DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "That venture capitalists are willing to take any level of
DKK D  risk, even a modest one, after all that has happened in the
DK KD  ecommerce sector, is inspiring.  They might almost be
DDDD   capable of becoming Red Sox fans"               -Keith Regan