socket closing question

This is a TCP socket?

There are a number of reasons why a TCP socket closed, including (but
not limited to):

- close() called on the local socket
- close() called on the remote socket
- RST packet received
- bad packet received

Have you tried running ethereal and watching the network?
Have you tried running strace and seeing if your application is calling
close()?

-derek