hd problem

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 23:23, Brian Medley wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:35:56PM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>
> > My thought is that you arer trying to mount the file system with an
> > older kernel than the file system was created. You might try to boot a
> > rescue system and try mounting that file system with that.
>
> We tried the RedHat 8.0 rescue mode...maybe 9 would work better...

Did this system run one of the Phoebe ebtas by any chance?  The phoebe
betas were able to use the new htree optimizations for ext3, which
aren't backwards compatible for older kernels.

htree didn't make it into redhat 9 due to problem stabilizing it, so you
might need to use rescue mode on one of the beta disks  in order to get
it working.

--
Gregory Boyce <gboyce2 at badbelly.com>