SCO Unix Intellectual Property Pedigree Chart

On Thursday 01 May 2003 10:41 am, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> not familiar with the details of SCO's suit against IBM. They have not
> sued any of the Linux distros, but if they are successful, and IBM did
> pollute the kernel sources, there could be some general issues. I

Again, the code swap was only one part of the suit.  The most controvercial
part is where SCO says IBM is violating is license to the UNIX name by
reducing the value of the UNIX name by aiding the competition (Linux).  Yes,
part of the license agreement relates to promoting the value of UNIX, etc.

The sad part is that there is merit in this part of their case, whether we
like it or not.

--
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD