Need video card recommendation

At 10:19 AM 4/23/2003 -0400, David Kramer wrote:
>I took the video card out of my Windows box.  It's a ATI All In Wonder
>7500 Radeon.  It should work with XFree86 4.2.0 under Red hat 7.3, but
>every time I startx, I get an "Invalid sync" message from my monitor
>(which I have the specs entered correctly for). I tried CtlAlt+ to cycle
>modes, but no joy.  I found a web page indicating that you had to set the
>driver to "ati" for it to work, but no luck there either.  I would love to
>get this working instead of buying another card, but it doesn't look
>promising right now.
>
>So I'm looking for a new video card.  Prolly buying it tomorrow.
>REQUIRED: AGP8x, at least 32MB, works well with XFree86 4.2.0
>DESIRED: TV in, works with video4linux, commonly available
>NOT NEEDED: SOOPERDOOPER gaming, speed.

   Unfortunately, the only card I can think of that is best suited is an
ATi All-in-Wonder card.  Any chance of trying out XFree86 4.3.0 to see if
there were any technical fixes for the radeon card?  Or maybe it's the
timings (VESA or custom)?

   Is that motherboard's AGP slot that restrictive to require AGP8x
cards?  Could AGP4x work with it?  AGP8x cards aren't in abundance and it'd
baffle me if it cannot take 4x cards.

/ keitaro AT attbi DOT com/IRC Nicks: Junta, Strider on #db/#ssppp \
| IRC Servers: irc.aus.org/irc.anime-chat.com ports 6660-6669/7000 |
| = http://junta.darktech.org/public_key.txt -- GnuPG Public Key = |
+-----[ "One shall stand, one shall fall..." - Optimus Prime ]-----+