Concatenating production and change libraries for a web site

----- Original Message -----
From: <billhorne at attbi.com>
To: "BLU Discussion list" <discuss at blu.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: Concatenating production and change libraries for a web site

> Scott,
>
> This sounds like a perfect solution, but I'll admit that recompiling
Apache
> will be a learning curve for me.

Oh... no recompilation needed.
I'm 99.9% sure it was easier than that... replacing the 404 document handler
(which is a script) .

So this would be a CGI script you do in Perl... wrapping a "retry alternate
URL" attempt, or calling the "real" 404 handler when needed.

You might search Freshmeat for custom Apache error handlers.