Concatenating production and change libraries for a web site

Have you considered CVS and some floating tags?  You could
automate the whole process. All pages get one of the three
tags you mentioned.  Start by checking out production (with
cvs update -rPRODUCTION -dPA to always prune old stuff), then
update the pending tag on top of that.  Once something is
promoted out of pending, tag it as production.

IF something is tagged as retired, then it won't show up in
either phase, and thus effectively not exist unless you do a
 retired-only build.

Duane

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Bill Horne wrote:T