does a server have to announce that style sheets are "text/css"?

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 13:42, Drew Taylor wrote:

> It's easy to fix as well: just make sure the default handler is run for
> your .css files. Assuming apache:
>
> <Location /css>
>    SetHandler default-handler
> </Location>

I suspect that if I had been running apache on the server handling that
CSS file, I never would have noticed the issue.  It's running DJB's
publicfile, which handles a very limited set of MIME types by default,
and if you want anything outside the list, you either have to recompile
the program or mangle the filename.  So once I renamed my CSS file to
foo.text=css, everything was copacetic.

--
"Hurd will be out in a year (or two, or next month, who knows),..."
  --Linus Torvalds, 5 October 1991