Home Linux box can't send to AOL this week

Derek Martin wrote:

>On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 01:31:28PM -0400, Anthony J. Gabrielson wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>	I'm doing this under solaris.  I have created an
>>/etc/mail/mailertable.db file that has these contents:
>>aol.com         smtp:mail.attbi.com
>>netscape.net    smatp:mail.attbi.com
>>

>You create the file as "/etc/mail/mailertable" but sendmail creates a
>DBM hash with the .db extension.  If you create the plaintext version
>with the .db extension, it won't work.  You will probably need to
>restart sendmail in some fashion or other after doing this, in order
>to make sendmail recognize the file, and create the hash table.

I've created the mailertable and regerated the db file under Redhat 8
and mail to netscape.net and to ssmb.com
are bouncing still.

I'm using an intermediate server (RH 8) with sendmail on it.
I've setup the mailertable as:

.aol.com smtp:mail.attbi.com
.netscape.net smtp:mail.attbi.com
.ssmb.com     smtp:mail.attbi.com
.citigroup.com  smtp:mail.attbi.com

and I've stopped and restarted sendmail.

Debugging ideas?

Peter Grace             kb1cvh at arrl.net
Workflow and information systems analyst with recent experience in Brio
Enterprise server administration, Oracle PL/SQL, and many years of
experience with managing and developing on a large scale CRM system.