Home Linux box can't send to AOL this week

Anthony J. Gabrielson wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I'm doing this under solaris.  I have created an
> /etc/mail/mailertable.db file that has these contents:
> aol.com         smtp:mail.attbi.com
> netscape.net    smatp:mail.attbi.com
>
> I have also added this line to my senmail.cf
> Kmailertable hash -o  /etc/mail/mailertable.db
>
> Have a missed something - I still can't send to aol.com....  I really hate
> aol anyway, why is this a concern....

Does mail.attbi.com require authentification (some SMTP servers do - I know, for instance, that mail.speakeasy.net does), or does it just depend on mail coming from the right range of addresses? If it's the latter, simply adding the mailertable entry won't work, and I don't know how to get sendmail to do the right thing. Maybe somebody else here does...

I haven't tried to send any mail to AOL lately, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I have the same problem. Since I mostly send mail with Mozilla, an easier fix for me would be to reconfigure Mozilla to send everything through the Speakeasy SMTP server instead of my own.