Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 236 1000 (voice)
(978) 236 1197 (fax)
Email: framsay at castelhq.com

|         |           kclark at CetaceanNe|
|         |           tworks.com (Kevin|
|         |           D. Clark)        |
|         |           03/31/2003 12:27 |
  |       To:       FRamsay at castelhq.com                                                                                         |
  |       cc:       discuss at blu.org                                                                                              |
  |       Subject:  Re: stay socket                                                                                              |

FRamsay at castelhq.com writes:

> I have a socket showing up on netstat for a process that is no longer
> running.  Is there any command line way to force this socket to close?
> (short of re-booting).

Very precisely speaking, what are you trying to accomplish by doing
this?  Is this actually causing a problem?

Let me guess:  this is a TCP socket in the TIME_WAIT state?

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)