Domain Controllers

Samba-TNG does that..

http://www.samba-tng.org/

<snip samba-tng faq>
If you just want a file and print server, use Samba. They have a lot more developers than we do (so far!) and are able to support a much wider range of platforms and situations. At present we are neither willing nor able to try to outrun Samba in file and print serving; it is simply not our focus.

If you want a replacement for an NT primary domain controller, you can use either project. The main philosophical difference is that the Samba project wants to produce a Unix server capable of acting as an NT domain controller, whereas the Samba-TNG project wants to basically be an NT domain controller running on Unix. The other difference is that Samba-TNG is somewhat more advanced in terms of protocol support, although Samba is catching up and may be ahead in some areas.

If you want an NT domain controller running with an LDAP backend, optionally integrated with your LDAP-based Unix user database, you probably want to use Samba-TNG. Samba has some experimental support for this, but Samba-TNG has had it working for much longer so it is more mature.
<snip>

-miah