Fwd: SCO sues IBM for a gigabuck

<http://www.sco.com/scosource/complaint3.06.03.html>

It's all over various Linux presses, but here's the SCO lawsuit from SCO
themselves.  They're suing IBM for <DrEvil>ONE BILLION DOLLARS</DrEvil>
because they claim:

	This case is, and is only, about the right of SCO not to have
	its proprietary software misappropriated and misused in
	violation of its written agreements and well-settled law.

That proprietary software is UNIX, and they claim that IBM took
proprietary and licensed bits of AIX and made them available to the
Linux community.

Here's what Eric Raymond has to say (before the suit was fully filed):
<http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2003-03-07-010-26-OP-CD-LL>

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  I tried so hard and got so far  But in the end it doesn't even matter
DK KD  I had to fall to lose it all   But in the end it doesn't even matter
DDDD                                                            -Linkin Park