ps-printing on RH 8.0

When I ps-print a multipage buffer in emacs on my
linux box to my laser printer that emulates the
PCL 6 printer protocol it takes several minutes to
print those pages. This is a Samsung printer that
can print 20ppm . It is apparent that each page is
sent separately to the printer after whatever
formating is done. How do I speed up this process?

My linux box acts as my file and print server for
a home network of MS boxes. The printer is
connected to the parallel port of the server. The
MS boxes have no trouble printing to the printer
and the output is as fast as is expected. I used
the RH printer config GUI to create the printspool
for the linux side of the print que. I hand wrote
the MS txt printer config in /etc/printcap.local
so the binaries  are passed directly thru.

I have skimmed the Lpring support files and the
magic filter scripts as well as the the scripts in
/var/spool/lpd/laserprinter so I feel I am fairly
familier with what I don't know. Is there any
switch I can pass to lpr in emacs to spool all the
pages together? I would prefer that all the pages
print at once even if the formating takes some
time.

Jim