Public DNS server?

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 12:24:22PM -0500, Duane Morin wrote:
> >    One simple test that has often worked for me when I
> > have "unusual" tcp/ip problems on a windows box is to
> > uninstall tcpip, then reboot, and then reinstall
> > tcpip.
>
> I'll give it a shot.  How does one uninstall/reinstall tcpip?

I've had some success fixing TCP/IP strangeness by changing some
properties (like the host address) and then changing them back - less
drastic than removal/reinstall. This causes the system to rebuild some
driver tables and reinitialize some values. Needless to say, there are
two reboots involved :-).

But to answer your question, call up the network properties, select
TCP/IP protocol, and remove it. Then reboot. Then call up the network
properties and ask to add a protocol - add TCP/IP. Then reboot.

Have your Windows installation CD handy (if you installed from one)
when you do any of this!

Nathan Meyers
nmeyers at javalinux.net