When DNS over DHCP breaks?

Duane,
Sounds like either your router is not working or your ISP's DHCP server
is broken.
Is your staticly connected box connected directly to the cable modem (or
DSL) or is it connected directly to the router?

Assuming your cable or DSL connection and equipment is working
correctly:
I would take the following steps:
1. Bypass ther router and connect your DHCP client machine directly to
the DSL or cable modem. If everything works, we can assume the problem
is at the router end. If not, the problem is with your cable/DSL
equipment or your ISP.
2. reboot the router, reconnect it and check all the settings. You
should be able to find the assigned IP address and the appropriate DNS
server.
3. If the router seems to be the problem, reset the router to factory
settings and re-input the various settings. Possibly even reflash the
firmware.
4. If things still don't work and you are sure it is the router, if you
live in a high rise, take it up to the roof and tell it to make like a
bird. If you don't have easy access to a high rise, just drop it out of
your car on 128.