When DNS over DHCP breaks?

This morning one of my machines, which is connected via DHCP to my router,
apparently stopped doing DNS properly.  I am guessing this because all of
the operations from that machine that connect directly to an IP, i.e. my
mail program, work fine, but attempt to go to a web site by name fails.

My statically configured box which has /etc/resolv.conf with 3 nameservers
in it continues to work fine (although I have not rebooted it
lately).  Anybody got suggestions on what might be going wrong with this
machine, and where I can start looking?  I tried telling it the DNS servers
(while keeping it on DHCP) but that failed.

Ok, wait, tried a few things and it's weirder than I thought.  Any attempt
to ping addresses by number outside of my own domain fail as well, which
suggests I don't have a connection to the outside.  I do have a connection
to the inside of my network, though, so I know that I have wireless at
least.  So I guess what's happening is that my router has decided to stop
allowing this machine to connect to the outside world?  Why would that
be?  I have confirmed that my other machine can connect to outside machines
both by name and number, and look things up in dns.

This is an XP machine, in case that matters.  The static box that's working
is Linux (of course).

Duane