ATT BroadBand Port Blocking

> Thanks - good guess - but it fails for him with both MS Internet
> Explorer and
> the FTP Explorer client (both of which work from other sites to
> our server).

I recall that with my now-dead Netgear router there was a default generic
port-blocking rule that had to be removed/edited first before you could
allow traffic to the ports. Perhaps that is true for Linksys as well? It
seems to me that there is also some option which you can enable to put the
router into stealth mode, whereby it doesn't respond to any externally
generated request at all (I'm not sure of this, however).
Just a thought,
Grant M.