Fwd: (internet engineering jobs) Linux Guru needed ASAP (Brighton/Somerville)

Subject: (internet engineering jobs) Linux Guru needed ASAP
(Brighton/Somerville)
Date: 3 Feb 2003 19:21:19 -0000
From: job-8400103 at craigslist.org
To: david at thekramers.net

Poster used an @hotmail.com address

We have a single Linux box that runs a MySQL database and receives over 8
 million page views daily. The box is very high quality, but lately it seems
 to serve slow pages or none at all when traffic reaches a certain point.

We are looking for a true guru to connect a second server to balance the
 load, and a third server for redundancy purposes. Our servers are ready for
 you in the data center, but they need to be properly configured. We also
 need you to build a notification mechanism that can alert us when a server
 is underperforming.

We are only looking to work with very experienced professionals that have
 plenty of knowledge in the areas of Linux configuration, load balancing and
 MySQL databasing for extremely high traffic sites in particular.

Once you build this, we expect that we will never need to call you again for
 an underperforming network. Resumes and references are an absolute must.
 Please include your rate for this contract job.

This is a part-time job.
This is a contract job.
Principals only.  Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial
 interests. Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
this is in or around Brighton/Somerville

This posting can be found at:

http://www.craigslist.org/bos/eng/8400103.html

To be removed from this mailing list please visit:

http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/emailSubscriber.cgi

Copyright (c) 2003 craigslist

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "This must be Thursday", said Arthur to himself, sinking low
DKK D  over his beer.  "I never could get the hang of Thursdays."
DK KD
DDDD             Douglas Adams, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".