what they want...

> So, what's hot right now, or likely to be sought after soon?  Thanks very
> much in advance...

I'm not sure anything will by itself get them a job, but I'd suggest it
depends on their background. For instance, a person with lots of Linux admin
experience might want to look into one of Sairs Linux Certificates (LCA,
LCP, LCE). A person with specific Unix experience might want to consider a
vendor specific cert, like Sun Certified System Admin. A person with varied
Unix skills might consider one of Sage's vendor-neutral certifications.
Additionally, there are CISCO certs that are pretty universally desirable
and, as much as it pains me to say, there are always Microsoft
certifications, which tend to be the most marketable. My personal choice
would be a Sans Security certificate, but that is likely not as universal as
many of the others. Companies generally don't think about security until
AFTER they've been burned (or had a bad scare).
Grant M.