Why is this?

I just received another (unfiltered, but I don't know why) SPAM from RB
Express. This is a well-known spammer that has a website at
www.rbexpress.org. Strangely, when I went to look it up using Network
Solutions Whois service, it's available! I then tried it on GoDaddy, and it
kept giving me 'lookup failed...' which isn't what it does normally for
unregistered sites. Register.com says that it's registered, but when you
click the 'whois' link, it responds with the verisign response of the domain
being available.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Grant M.