KDEDIR and QTDIR environment variables

On 24 Jan 2003 17:00:27 -0500
kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com (Kevin D. Clark) wrote:

> Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> writes:
>
> > Somehow, it appears that the environment variables KDEDIR and QTDIR
> > are being removed from the environment either by XEmacs or by KDE.
>
> When you type the following into X?Emacs:
>
>         M-x describe-variable process-environment
>
> are KDEDIR and QTDIR what you expect?
>
> Also, I've attached a script that I use when I don't want to re-start
> X?Emacs but I do want to have my emacs process take on the environment
> that some other shell has currently setup.  Perhaps you'd find this to
> be useful?
>
> (I use this script a lot when I'm monkeying around with my CLASSPATH
> variable for Java, for example)

This problem only occurs when I run Xemacs from the KDE panel or from
the desktop. The two variables are correct when I run xemacs from a
shell. I set another environment variable along with KDEDIR and QTDIR,
and that variable it set correctly. It is only those two that appear to
be unset when KDE starts up.