Quick and easy Linux

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:29:51 -0500
Kent Borg <kentborg at borg.org> wrote:

> I want to do that now and then too!
>
> Online man pages are great for looking up something specific, but they
> are terrible for browsing to discover things one wouldn't think to ask
> about.
>
> One of the cool things about a Red Hat installation is that there are
> a zillion cool things in there.  One of the confusing things about a
> Red Hat installation is that it is hard to wrap one's head around a
> zillion things all at once.
>

> I am curious too, what *is* a good bootstrap book?
What I'm looking for is almost a little pocket guide containing the
basic things a new user needs to know about, like setting a path,
commands such as ls. There are a lot of good books out there, like
"Linux in a Nutshell", but that is $35 or "Running Linux" at $45. But,
what I'd like for these students is something under $10 like a cliff
notes type of book. They are learning C not Linux. Once they get started
with Linux, then they may like it.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group