Sylpheed Email Client

Hi Doug,
Maybe we should plan a GNUPG Howto meeting.
First, you need to have GNUPG installed. GPG 1.2.1 is the preferred
version. You can download that from gnupg.org.
If you are going to run Sylpheed, you need the GPGME library. This is
available on as an RPM along with the Sylpheed Claws RPM.

Additionally, Sylpheed does not automatically verify clearsigned
messages. You need to add an action. There are a bunch of actions
available. http://melvin.hadasht.free.fr/home/sylpheed/actions/
Adding an action is very simple. Edit the actionrc file in the
~/.sylpheed, and copy/paste from the actions page.
I've got 3 actions defined:
1. Verify clearsign
2. Decrypt inline (clearsigned) encryption
3. Spell check.
Standard MIME signatures and encrypted messages are handled
automatically by Sylpheed. You can select (per identity) which is the
default signing method.
When you chode to encrypt a message, it displays a dialog box with a
list of keys.

The bottom line is that I'm already very comfortable with Sylpheed.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group