An unusual Instant Messenger question

On Friday 10 January 2003 09:19 am, Bill Horne wrote:

> Now, of course, I could just yell at him to get off the computer,
> but I'd like to do this more subtly than that, and encourage him
> to keep track of his online time so as to avoid having an automatic
> logoff message sent to his friends.

This sounds more like a meatspace issue than a computer issue to me, but if
you are determined to find a technical solution, I would download the source
code for one of the open source IM clients out there and look at what it
sends to disconnect.

This might not work though, as it might not let you connect as him if he is
already connected.

You might want to play with changing the DENY to REFUSE or vice verse and
seeing how the AOL server deals with that.
DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D
DK KD  Pretense and adversity are inversely proportional;
DDDD   Adversity reveals the true nature of all things.