[OT}Digital Phone vs. Analog phone

My wife wants to get caller id with name/address, which is not currently
available in our area through Verizon. One reason I have stayed with
Verizon is that if our cable goes out (very rare) we can use the phone line.

My questions on ATTBI Digital Phone service in comparison to Verizon:
1. Cost. How does the cost compare. Is digital less expensive, more
expensive or pretty much the same as Verizon.

2. Reliability. We rarely have problems with our local phone service.

3. Quality of service. My Verizon line always has a bit of noise on it.
While I am not 100% certain the problem is on their side, in the past, I
have disconnected the house and tapped directly into the outside jack so
they could not point a finger.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group