[OT] connection tracking firewall in windows

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 04:53:34PM -0500, ReK2WiLdS wrote:

> try checkpoint firewall
> but.. why windows?

I want to lock down a whole bunch of campus admin computers.  They don't
serve anything, they are purely clients.  I don't think a firewall is
any substitute for keeping things patched; but if we could disallow
non-host-initiated traffic, that would be a pretty damn good bandaid.

> GNU/linux does a very very good job with iptables.

Yup.  Try to find the laptop I'm working on right now.  It doesn't
exist.  (Besides which, at the moment I'm NAT'd.)

Kerio's Winroute Pro might be able to do what I want.  I haven't had
time yet to download and play with their demo though.

http://www.kerio.com/us/beta_section.html#wrf
http://www.kerio.com/us/wrp_download.html

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)