Enterprise Linux Conference

On 4 Dec 2002, ReK2WiLdS wrote:

> Actually they even said that AIX was doing really good and that it will
> always be in front of linux in performance.. I do belive that today that
> is true when we dealing with a SMP computer but in a low level.. I don't
> think is much of a different already.. and in the future with future new
> PC hardware getting better and the linux kernel getting mature... will
> see..

At a panel today, an IBM head said exactly that.  Essentially, for
applicaitons that need to run on one box with lots of processors and lots
of RAM, AIX is still their solution.  For applicaitons that can be split
up and run on a cluster, Linux is better.

DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "Love is like pi
DK KD  -- natural, irrational, and very important."
DDDD                                                  -Lisa Hoffman