[Boston.pm] Re: problem with Redhat 8.0, Apache, mod_perl, libapreq

Last I heard, it is Perl that needs to ripen.  Specifically, there are
still remaining issues in the interpreter that prevent multiple Perl
instances within the same process.  As you would expect, this causes
problems for threaded MPMs.  I read that the final fixes are due w/ 5.8.1.

FWIW, I have mod_perl2 installed in Apache 2.0.40 and it runs fine on the
odd test program on Win2k (threaded).  If you want to avoid threading
issues, the "prefork" MPM (which gives you Apache 1 style single threaded
worker processes) should be stable.

There are some API changes, so you may still need a new version of any 3rd
party Perl modules that run under mod_perl.  There is a "compatibility"
mode, however, which may work for you.  See
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html for the details on
migrating mod_perl apps from 1.0 to 2.0.

take it easy,
Charlie