further random questions from the newly-unemployed

I think the only thing that we've discovered here is that everyone does it
in their own unique way, and that there is generally no consensus as to what
is the "correct" way.

I know that from my experience, I have only ever encountered places
specifically asking for text or Word format for cover letters. I have not
seen any asking for PDF, HTML, or other formats. That's not to say that they
wouldn't accept other formats, but who wants to take a chance of not getting
an interview for the sole reason of sending the incorrect format. I think
I'll stick with text and Word.
Grant M.