further random questions from the newly-unemployed

Servers generally do not alter the body of an email message. This is
normally done by the sending email client. RFC822 defines a long line being
greater than either 65 or 72 characters. The receiving email client may
also reformat the body. When I send resumes, I generally use MS Word
document format as an attachment. Since I deal with a lot of headhunters, I
am pretty confident that this is ok. I also rarely send text other than
plain ASCII. Nearly every email program can handle attachments, so if you
want to prevent the reformatting of your ASCII text, send it as  binary
attachment. Lines are never wrapped.